Wednesday 5 January 2011

Agnes



Name: Agnes
Age: 25 years old.

Qualification:

Bachelor Psychology and I also work as a sale assistant in a clothing shop to finance my study. For getting more practical experience during my study, I worked as a student trainee in a psychiatric ward to adults diagnosed with depression, eating disorder, anxiety attack and other affective disorders. Furthermore I was started volunteering in the county jail of Chemnitz conducting conversations with female inmates. My great interest in other people as well helps me to be open and friendly to other people.

Hopes:

During holidays abroad or while having conversations with foreign friends I could already get an impression of making experience abroad. Now I wanted to use the opportunity in spending time for a placement in England. Thinking of a placement in the UK many positive things come up into my mind, so to experience a different culture, get to know new people and improving my language skills. I also believe that this experience would give me an understanding of the English lifestyle, the English way of life. Last year I spend some days in London and I was impressed by the city of course, but also of the open-minded and helpful people I met there.

Future plans:

After my time here, when I will be back in my country, I want to improve my knowledge in psychology in getting more practical experience and therapeutic skills to help other people. If I will get the opportunity, I want to go on study for getting a Master in Psychology or social work, otherwise I will searching for a fitting social work for example in an advice centre or giving therapeutic help.

Hobbies:

In my free time I enjoy to meet up with friends and having nice conversations. I also enjoy art in visiting galleries, becoming creative in sawing something, doing some handcrafts or painting. I am always interesting in new countries and cultures, so I like to travel. Furthermore I love listening to music, to visit live music gigs.

Inspiration:

I have a big family. I am the fifth of twelve children and enjoy every time to have people around me. So my wish to do something social for being in contact with other people grows up more and more. Music helps me to become creative, when I do some handcrafts or thinking about something.

Philosophy:

If I would share my life philosophy with other young people, I would tell them, if you want to do something or achieve your aim, it is important to do it with passion, to enjoy what you do. It is an attitude inside you, how you started your day and you can never know, what will happen next. So it doesn’t take all matters what you do, but maybe how you meet the people around you and in which way you do something. Because when you are open for new, also a monotone work could become interesting.
So live your life in thinking positive about you, the world and the people around you and let surprise yourself by every new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment