Thursday 3 March 2011

Thomas Placement Report

Photobucket

What is your name?
My name is Thomas

What is the name of the company/institution you are working at?
Towneley Park City Learning Centre

What is your role in the organisation?
I’m a stuff for media technology.

What are your daily tasks?
Every day is different. My main tasks are web design, video editing and image editing. I also do the set up for events/meetings in and outside the CLC and filming.

What are your achievements so far?
I got the northern accent a bit better. I worked at a couple of events/meetings around Lancashire. I fixed the CLC website. I did filming and video editing for a project from the “Princes trust”.

What were the challenges and how did you manage them?
I had to do some interviews for a DVD. So I prepared questions. I keep talking to get the northern accent and the industrial English.

What are your plans for the rest of the placement to get the most out of it?
I don’t have a real plan but I know there will be a lot to do. I’ll create a new design for the website. I’ll also get few more video projects.

How is your cooperation with colleagues and management in your placement organisation?
All my colleagues are really friendly. I learn a lot from them and learn from me as well, sometimes.

How do you experience to speak another language at work?
It’s not that easy but I think I’m doing well. My English is getting better every nday.

What have you learnt so far?
I learnt about the English way of working. It’s much relaxer than in Germany. I learnt about video editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment