Wednesday 30 March 2011

Jonathon Placement Report

What is your name?
My name is Jonathan .

Joni at the entrance of the Childrens Centre

What is the name of the company you are working at?
I’m working in a Children’s Centre in Burnley.
What is your role in the organisation?
There I’m at a placement and support the whole team.
What are your daily tasks?
I’m a very busy man ;) To my daily tasks belongs to participate in different groups:
Mondays: babymassage, Teenager Lunch Club, Dad’s club (support to cover the group),
Tuesdays: computer course (help other people), working at a college to teach German
Wednesdays: Nursery School, DJ school, Badminton (as a student)
Thursdays: Dodgeball (as a trainer), working at a college to teach German
What are your achievements so far?
I improved my English skills. During my stay here I learned a lot, especially English. It’s now easier to communicate with others. I also became more independent.

What were the challenges and how did you manage them?
The language. I improve my English skills everyday in the way I listen carefully, speak to others and I started reading an English book.
What are your plans for the rest of the placement to get the most out of it?
Continue to improve my English skills. Learn more vocabulary, ask for words I don’t know.

Joni and his team

How is your cooperation with colleagues and management in your placement organisation?
Very good. They support me, e.g. they describe words I don’t know.
How do you experience to speak another language at work?
I get used to it. It’s the first time I had to speak another language without somebody standing next to me who will support me. I have to speak English and nobody can translate for me, but I get on with it.
What have you learnt so far?
I learned to work with babies, how to carry them and so on. I also learned a lot about the babymassage, it was something new for me. Furthermore it was new to work as a trainer, I really enjoyed it and I could imagine to go on with it when I’m back in Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment