Friday 4 March 2011

Nanette Placement Report

What is your name?
Nanette

What is the name of the company/institution you are working at?
Towneley Hall

What are your daily tasks?
Set up tables with cups and sauces
Washing up, hooving
Serve tea, coffee and mince pies to guests
Prepare events
Spend time with school classes

What are your achievements so far?
I understand the sense of sentences people tell me. I overcame my fear to speak English and to ask people if I have any questions.

What were the challenges and how did you manage them?
To understand elder people. I’m always niece and smile although I don’t understand and I ask them to repeat it.

How is your cooperation with colleagues and management in your placement organisation?
It’s great! My colleagues are very nice and friendly. They help me to understand the guests. They take care of me and bring me soup to work and tell me about their life.

How do you experience to speak another language?
It’s a strange situation because I sometimes feel like I don’t have enough vocabulary especially the right words (expressions) to say what I want to say or what I want to know.

What have you learned so far?
How beautiful it is to be at home with my friends and family. That I would never live in England.

No comments:

Post a Comment