Friday 4 March 2011

Melanie Placement Report

Photobucket

What is your name?
Melanie

What is the name of the company/institution you are working at?
Slattery – a Patissier and Chocolatier

What is your role in the organisation?
I’m got there a placement as a cake maker.

What are your daily tasks?
It’s around decorating cakes:
Spread sponge cakes with jam and butter cream,
Put Icing and marzipan on the cake,
Decorated cakes for all kind of events including inscription,
Created handmade chocolates.
I decorate the cakes how it is ordered or I get a picture of it and realise it.

What are your achievements so far?
Finding the right way to my placement because my placement is near Manchester and I have to change the busses. Another achievement is that I can conduct conversations with my colleague and that I understand the cake order.

What were the challenges and how did you manage them?
The language, but I speak a lot with locals to improve my English.

What are your plans for the rest of the placement to get the most out of it?
To speak more to my colleagues.

How is your cooperation with colleagues and management in your placement organisation?
I have good conversations 8including to use body language) with my colleagues about baking cakes in the UK and in Germany.

How do you experience to speak another language at work?
It’s hard to learn a new language but my colleagues support me very much, They show me all and explain a lot of things. They are very patient with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment